Sunday, November 23, 2008

Falling in the Leaves

Aubrie in the leaves
Aubrie and Paci in the leaves

Midflight!!!




Siding down into the leaves


Running through!

Happy Fall Ya'll


I love the fall...not just because my birthday is in the fall (although that helps) but I love the sense of change that comes in the fall. I can literally smell when it starts to change...the air smells different to me and it gets me so excited to think about what is to come...Thanksgiving in Heber Springs, Abbie's Birthday, decorating for Christmas, making Christmas cookies, Christmas music at Body & Soul with Jingle Bells on, My Christmas Tree...so many wonderful things that just the change in the air gets my blood moving faster with anticipation. One of the things that I love to do in the fall is watch Abbie play in the leaves. This year, we have our little Aubrie joining in the fun too! She was not sure what to think about the huge pile of leaves but she eventually consented to sit in the middle of it and explore the textures and sounds. It was so fun to watch her as she picked up the leaves as best she could in her mittens and moved them around. Abbie is now a veteran leaf pile jumper. This year, my dad moved a HUGE pile of leaves from his yard to ours and strategically placed the pile at the end of our slide. Abbie immediately went up the slide and slid down into the pile. After she had done this a few times she suprised me by standing up and launching herself off the top of the slide and into the leaf pile. I was anticipating another picture of her sliding and as I snapped the picture, she was midflight...the result is posted above. What can I say, change is in the air, my baby isn't a baby anymore...she's a toddler and my toddler is now an adrenaline junkie jumping off the top of slides.
I LOVE THE FALL!!

1 comment:

Qtipper said...

Um, can I just say that you will see a MATCHING post on the Simon blog. Don't expect it any time soon though...you know me! I would say in December sometime - LOL!

Love your girls - love em!