Sunday, November 23, 2008

Breakfast with Santa

Abbie Grace
Abbie and Eric

They were giving out Fire hats...these guys are ready for an emergency!



This is what really happens when you take a picture with kids...one is struggling to get out of my arms and the other one is in a mid-tackle trying to take me down to the ground...



Tracie and Tracy with Brie Baby

The posed shot....
Eric, Abbie and Aubrie

Abbie after Santa moves away

Our encounter with the Claus Family

Last week we had Breakfast with Santa at McCain mall. We got up, got dressed, got excited, drove up to the mall, took out the super stroller, met up with Tracy and Eric and then experienced sheer terror at the presence of Mr. & Mrs. Claus. Yep, terror...especially from Aubrie. We didn't have to pay for the terror, thank goodness. We were going up there to take pictures but that dream quickly faded when we approached Santa and Aubrie attempted to climb over my shoulder. When her escape plan didn't pan out, she opted for hiding her face in my shoulder and shaking with fear. Abbie, my normally outgoing child, clung to my leg like it was a lifeline and wouldn't make eye contact with either Mr. or Mrs. Now, understand that these were some of the best and most pleasant Clauses that I have ever met. Not scary at all...so needless to say, we passed on having our picture officially taken with Santa. Maybe next year, maybe not...I'm just glad that my expectations have been set low, okay really low, for any and all Christmas encounters with Santa for 2008. Our holiday song will go something like this...
Fa-La-La-La-La-La-La-La stay away from Santa...

1 comment:

Qtipper said...

I personally think the Claus Family IS scary and I have no doubt Gillian McKeith would agree! But, she would probably need a poo sample to be sure.