Thursday, May 8, 2008

Swim Lessons...sort of...





Tuesday night we were supposed to start our swimming lessons in preparation of our upcoming trip to the beach. NiNi and PawPaw kept Aubrie and Phillip

was at work so I loaded up Abbie and went to the YMCA. As we were driving the all of 4 blocks between our house and the Y, it started to sprinkle... We got there and there was a lesson going on...in the rain. I figured that they had a "no thunder" kind of policy and since it was only drizzling and not storming (ie: no thunder) the class would go on...I mean, what's a little rain when you are already wet head to toe? So Mr. Joe, Abbie's instructor, dismissed the 5:00 class and called for the 5:30 kids to come to the pool. Now, keep in mind that Abbie has been literally bouncing in place in anticipation to start her lesson. She is beyond excited...her anticipation meter is off the charts. So she runs right over and sets herself on the side of the pool. She turned around and grinned at me and I knew she was in hog heaven...I could see every tooth in her head, even the molars...big smiles. I'm thinking...well so long as it doesn't rumble, I guess we're good to go! Hooray, right? Wrong...Mr. Joe asked her her name and this was the response...Abbie says..."Abbie Grace Durham" and the Clouds say..."THUNDER!!!" Mr. Joe says, uhoh! Everyone out of the pool...class is canceled. I was really worried that Abbie would be crushed but since she hadn't had a swim lesson before, she thought that the lesson was over. She came back over and was so happy that the lesson went well. The rescheduled for Wednesday, and it was cancelled last night so tonight is out first lesson! Let's hope it stays clear!!!

No comments: