Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

SATURDAY
Mother's Day this year started for us on Saturdy Night. We decided that we would do a party for the Mom's/Grandmother's. Phillip did a super job getting the food together. He smoked a shoulder (which was CRAZY GOOD) and we had sliced and chopped BBQ with all the fixin's. I had baked a chocolate cake for the Mom's with Abbie on Friday night. It turned out delicious thanks to the Better Homes and Garden's Chocolate Buttercream Icing Recipe. So good. If you want it, let me know b/c is was really good. Anyway, it was a super special night because my sister's were in town. Brooke and Josh were passing through so we got see them which was awesome. Have I mentioned that I have the funniest sisters ever. They are both so funny. Don't know what happened to me but every comedian needs an audience and I am good at that...It was so fun to all be together.
NiNi, Pap and Nongie
Abbie decided that she and PawPaw needed to give Aubrie a sink bath.
The Mom's (Notice Brooke's killer tan...I'm jealous...)
Sorry this picture is sideways but what it is a picture of is my Mom's six cupcake birthday cake. Saturday was Mom's birthday and so we did a combo celebration for her birthday and mother's day. We made her a flower out of cupcakes and topped it with candles that said Happy Birthday.
SUNDAY
We had what was possibly the best Mother's Day ever this year. First of all, it was nice because it's the first time Phillip has ever been home for Mother's Day. Usually we spend part of the day at the fire station but this year, we were actually all together at home. It was great. I went for a run with my friend Becky (Elaina's Mom) and burned calories before we even started into what was a calorie laden day. Phillip had arranged to have a breakfast quiche ready for me when I got back from the run...delicious...thank you Chef Nongie! Then we cleaned up and spent the morning at Burns Park. We had a blast there with Abbie playing on everything and Aubrie is big enough to ride the baby slide (in Abbie's lap) on some of the play grounds. When lunch came around we decided to go to Subway and have some sammies (yes, I was a cheap date this particular day...) then we took a walk to the duck pond and fed the ducks and threw rocks (not at the ducks) and even skipped a few of them across the water. I'm pretty horrible at that particular skill so the fact that it happened at all is a fact worth noting in the blog...We ended the day with left overs from Saturday Night's Mother's Day Bash (BBQ) and snuggling the kids while we ate a Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache Icing from Silvek's Bakery. Super Yum!! It was the perfect day!!

No comments: