Friday, April 25, 2008

Elaina and Abbie's Day #1

Here we are at Chic-fil-A
All three conked out in the car...

At American Pie with the boys
I like my pizza!
Night-Night Tiger and Lizard
Whooohooo!!!
Tandem Swinging!
Standing up tall
Let's Play!

This weekend we have the pleasure of having one of Abbie's friends over while her parents are enjoying a well deserved weekend away. Elaina is so super sweet. At drop off today she went right into the playroom and she and Abbie have spent the rest of the day playing together. What fun they have had! We starting off playing soccer and swinging in the backyard. (Incidentally it's hard to push two kids on side-by-side swings when you are holding a squirming baby, but it is totally doable if you put your mind to it!) Then we headed out to meet Elaina's brother, Kaden, and Ms. Tracy and her son Eric, at the zoo. On the way there, Tracy called to inform me that there were approximately a million people at the zoo. Traffic was backed up onto the interstate to get into the parking lot and people were actually parking at the War Memorial Playground and walking to the zoo from there. It was insane!!! I've never seen so many buses before...Greenbriar, Ft. Smith, LR, all over... So we hung out at the park and then had a few moments of stress when I realized I had lost my keys. (Okay so stress is putting it lightly, I was so ready to cry.) Once we had discovered where I had placed the keys, we moved on to lunch at Chic-fil-a. It was delicious, but totally crazy. The kids were actually done eating before Tracy and I even were able to eat one bite of our salads! It was so funny. Then we hung out in the play area for a while. Everyone had fun there, including Aubrie who loved watching the kids play. She was really wanting to play too. So cute! After we parted, we went back to the house and watched Alvin and the Chipmunks (thank you Becky!!!) and then met up with Tracy again for dinner at American Pie where everyone got bouncy balls and pizza. Is there anything better?!?!?! Now I am listening to two little girls who are cleaned and bathed and have been in Abbie's room for about 40 minutes now "going to sleep." The first time they came out it was to go potty (after we had already done that a few minutes before...) second time was for a round of nose blowing... I am about to go in and sit until everyone is asleep. I am 99% positive I hear a pillow fight in process. Truely this has been one of the most fun days we've had in a while. Okay...off to crash the slumber party! More tomorrow...

1 comment:

The Garners said...

What a wild weekend! But a fun one, for sure! You're such a good mom!