Saturday, April 26, 2008

Abbie and Elaina Day #2


My Teeth are Clean and Shiny! Mine too!!
Good Hygene!
Two Girls, One Hat...
Bubble Bath
One crazy Kitty and one Cooky Flower
Magdalen, Abbie and Elaina
The bithday girl, Momma and Aubrie
The "A" Hat Team

It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood and we have had another wonderful day with our friend Elaina. We started our day with chocolate milk and some Dora (is there a better morning for a four year old?) We decided early that it was much too beautiful today to stay in so right away we got up and got into our matching pink camo "A" hats and hit the swingset. The girls were very responsible and brushed their teeth and got all bright and shiny for the day. You can see what a great job they did in the pictures. PawPaw would be proud! After we played some more soccer and took a walk around to see all the flowers we headed back inside to dress Baby Aubrie and work toward some lunch. After that it was "rest" time. Elaina took a nice nap and of course my non-napper thought that I was torturing her so she skipped the nap. She ended up helping me put away laundry and play with the baby. Once Elaina was up we took off for McKenna's 7th birthday party. What a blast!! We met up with brother and Eric and Ms. Tracy and had a great time playing in the yard and running around like crazy. The cake was wonderful (I can say that honestly because I had a piece...okay a rather large piece... and I'll admit to some ice cream since I'm in confessional mode). Abbie ate her icing and left the cake...as always...and Elaina was so funny! She sat at that table and slowly ate every last drop of the ice cream on her plate. She was determined not to leave the table until her plate was clean of the ice cream. It was great! We stayed for a while and then headed back to the house where we played some more on the swingset. At this point we were very entertained by Elaina's questions that all began with..."You know what?" We ended the evening at Dixie Cafe with Phillip's parents and then dumped two very sticky little girls in the bath tub. The girls were so cute in all the bubbles. I have been introduced to a whole new way of bathing and shampooing. I have a whole new respect for Ms. Becky who does a marvelous job of doing her daughter's hair. By the time I was done with it, it was decided that the best option was to rebraid it and profusely apologize for the mess that I made. The girls were out like a light after a few books. By the way, Abbie also demanded that her hair be braided tonight and all I can say is that in the morning we are going to be majorly stylin'. And now a very tired Mommy is off to bed... ready for another day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

What a fabulous storyteller! You crack me up!