Friday, April 30, 2010

Betrayed-ed

So this weekend Phillip did his second triathalon which was his first outdoor tri. We did a team tri in February and came in second place (which shocked us). Had we known that our team name was going to be announced we probably would have picked something other than "Garlic Gangsters," but I digress.
The tri went great for Phillip, he came in second in his age division which was awesome. We went down to Arkadelphia with the Simon fam as well. Becky and Phill did the tri on Sat and Ken did the Duathalon on Sunday. I watched kiddos as I have no interest in bike riding or open water swimming. Bring me a half-marathon but no tri's please! As we were entertaining the kids on Sunday, Elaina and Abbie managed to run into each other and bump heads. Abbie, as usual, didn't feel anything as she seems to be impervious to pain when it is directed toward her skull. (Literally a hard head) Elaina, however, had a full on goose egg on her little forehead and shed some tears over the incident. Abbie had already run off and Becky snuggled Elaina and then told her to run on but she was still feeling a little weepy (as would I) so I picked her up to give her an extra little snuggle. Well, that didn't sit well with the little green giant known as Abigail Grace and she proceeded to register shock, disbelief and then betrayal on her face. She turned her back on me and started crying as she walked away. Becky and I noticed this and one of us asked her what was wrong as she was walking. She turned around and with her little fists by her side she cried out, "Mom, you betrayed-ed me!" Bless her heart, she was more hurt by my snuggling Elaina than by the actual injury. So Beck and I had to spend then next few minutes convincing Abbie that I loved her more than Elaina and that she was the most special Abbie I could ever know and that she was still Queen of the world to her momma. (A title only shared by her sister.) It took some time but she managed to recover. What a drama queen! Wonder where she gets that from...hmmmmm.....

No comments: