Monday, June 15, 2009

Cat, Dog or the Pig

So today Abbie was hanging out in the den and she had been doing some coloring. Brie saw an opportunity to stir up a mess and promptly scattered the crayons all around the floor and coffee table. When I walked through the den, I asked Abbie to please pick up some of the crayons. Now, I have to pause here to tell you that we have been reading a book about the Little Red Hen who wants to plant some seeds and grow some wheat to make into bread. She is on the farm with a cat, a dog and a pig who are pretty lazy. Everytime Little Red Hen wants to perform a step toward growing, cutting, milling, and baking the bread she asks the cat, dog and pig "who will help me?" to which they respond, "Not I." So back to Abbie and the crayons... I asked her to pick up some of the crayons. She looks at me and says, Mom, who will help me pick them up? I said, well, honey, I'm about to go up and find Brie's "haci" so she can go down for a nap. She looks at me and says matter-of-factly. "Okay, so who are you, the cat, the dog or the pig?" I nearly fell over. Not much to say to that, I picked up the crayons with her. Gotta love kids!

No comments: