Friday, July 24, 2009

Mommy and Abbie Date

Thursday Abbie and I had the treat of having a Mommy and Abbie date afternoon! We had so much fun. Brie went with Nonnie and Abbie and I had an entire afternoon with each other. We started out at Gadwall's and then headed out to get a Manicure at WonderNails in NLR. I highly recommend them, they were so generous and sweet with she and I. We had a gift certificate from one of my "secret sisters" so thanks to whomever is part of that for a wonderful treat for my sweet baby and I. Abbie got polish and the lady was so sweet, she added flowers on four of her nails. Abbie was so excited she could hardly breathe! She had her top lip curled over her top teeth and her smile as big as you can imagine. She was so excited...she later told me it was her favorite part of the day. From there we caught a movie, Ice Age 3 (which was funny) and then we hurried home and had an hour and a half at the pool. We rushed home and grabbed a quick shower. At this point, my little princess was starting to s...l...o...w...d...o...w...n... I was drying my hair when I realized she was sitting in her towel on my bedroom chair, sitting up and sound asleep. It was so cute! That girl was worn out! We had a wonderful day and were both happy to go get Brie and have a delicious dinner at Pap and Nonnie's house but we were all too happy to get home and crash! What blessing to have a day to just hang out and have fun...mother-daughter style!

No comments: