Monday, May 11, 2009

NiNi's birthday

We had a great Mother's Day and NiNi birthday this past weekend. My dad brought me flowers (since my sweet husband is away) and he played with the kids ALL afternoon while my mom and I played two hands of Phase 10...which I resoundingly lost incidentally. Mom got a beautiful ring for her birthday and I think she really loved it. I got a stunning necklace from Abbie made from beads she and NiNi had found in our craft area. She did a good job stringing the beads...they are decorated in an American Flag theme which works well for what our family is experiencing right now with Big Daddy away. Both Abbie and Aubrie loved the cake and devoured a couple of pieces...well, Abbie ate the icing and Brie ate the cake. They make a great pair together. Abbie's teeth at one point were orange and looked really gross so we made a point to brush really really well since we have a history of cavities. We did have an exciting phone call from Phillip yesterday. It was so good to hear his voice and get to hear him say he was okay. It's hard being separated by distance but it's nice to have all of this technology to keep us in touch even across the miles. All that to say, Mother's Day was nice this year...it could only have been better if Phillip had actually been here to celebrate with us. We are missing him but are so proud of all that he is doing for our country.

No comments: