Monday, July 14, 2008

I love Chick-fil-A !!!

Abbie, Eric and the Cow
Eric and Abbie Grace as "Cow People"
The Chick-fil-A Crew on Dress-like-a-cow Day
Eric and Abbie goofing off...
Abbie up in the tunnels

Sister's

Checking out the baby in the mirror
Look at my tongue
Hey Sis!


I have to admit this upfront...I have a profound love and perhaps an obsession with something that is not my husband. It's Chick-fil-A. I know, I know...fitness instructor and fried chicken should not be this passionate a couple but it's a weakness. I can't pass up an opportunity to go and get a chicken fix. It's pitiful really but I'm woman enough to own up to it. As an enticing bonus, my kids LOVE the playground and I LOVE that it's air conditioned fun for the summer. Bummer that it's all the way across town but beggers can't be choosers... Abbie and Aubrie were at the Chick two times last week but I only had to pay for one trip because Friday was Dress like a Cow, eat for free day. So we donned our finest cow attire and proceeded to hightail it over to WLR with Tracy and Eric and have ourselves at little Chick-fil-A party. The kids were so cute...as you can see in the pictures. It was a challenge getting everyone there and dressed in costume but it was so worth it. Abbie was so cute when we were getting ready. She is finally to the age where she want's to be sure that she's not the only one doing something. She doesn't even necessarily need for everyone to be doing it but as long as she's not the loner kid with her parents doing something crazy she's cool. As we were dressing in her Cowgirl outfit from Halloween (made by me by the way) she asked if anyone else was dressing up. I assured her that her buddy Eric was and that there would be other kids there dressed up too and that was fine with her. Once she knew that she wasn't alone in her cow get-up she was all about getting ready and looking like the total Cowgirl. Aubrie did the best she could do considering I didn't have a perfect costume for her. She looked cute in her black and white polka dot pants and black and white bow. What a doll. The food was tasty as always but I will say, when it's free, it's even better!

No comments: